Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Cantine, Austin TX

As usual, I told him bartenders choice, but specified my choice to be a Rye. The guy chose Buffalo Trace. This guy did it up, he lit a match and sprayed they orange peel mist trough it to toast the mist that went in the glass. Fancy. Overall a very good tasting OLd Fashioned and I'd have another if I return, however, I'm not sure I'd ever have two in one sitting as they were a little expensive. Maybe ask for the well Rye on the next one. Who knows, it may be Old Overholdt! No cherry at all. Good ice. Almost forgot to take a photo.
8/10

(By the way, they use a large ice cube for all drinks. He breaks it in his hands tapping with a spoon to make it fit different sizes glasses. Or he hammered it in a sack to make someone's mint julep. Slows down the bar, but impressive.)

No comments:

Post a Comment